James Piedimonte has grown up in a family of attorneys. James and his brother Bill both practice Family Law in Independence, Jackson County, Missouri. Their father, William A. Piedimonte, 85 years old retired 2008. He practiced in Independence for over 60 years.
Hometown: Independence Missouri
Education and Degrees:
- 1981-1983 University of Missouri at Kansas City, Missouri; Juris Doctorate.
- 1978-1981 Graceland College, Lamoni Iowa; Bachelor of Arts in Political Science/History.
- 1977 Pembroke-Country Day School in Kansas City, Missouri; High School Diploma
- 2009 Mediator Strategies to Build Participant Staying Power. 7th Circuit Office of Dispute Resolution Services Advanced Mediation Training. Kathleen Bird. Clay County Familly Court, Liberty Missouri.
- 2008 Victim Offender Dialogue Training. Association of Missouri Mediators. Charlene Berquist, Kathleen Bird, Heather Blades, Sandee Gamet, Diane Kyser, Paul Ladehoff. University of Missouri Law School, Columbia, Missouri.
- 2008 "Sifting Through the Chaos: Pitfalls and Possibilities in Mediation." Sharon Lowenstein, Terri Clinton DIschiser, Martha Halvordson, Stephanie Sloggett-O'Dell, Robert Benjamin. Heartland Mediators Association, KU Edwards Campus, O.P., KS.
- 2007 Nov. Specialized Guardian Ad Litem Training in Missouri Juvenile and Family Court Matters. Missouri Bar.
- 2007 Interdisciplinary Collaborative Law Training with Susan Gamanche and Diane Diel, Collaborative Law Institute of Missouri, O.P., KS.
- 2007 Proactive Skills for Mediators, Heartland Regional Conference of Mediators, KU Renents Center, O.P., KS.
- 2007 Collaborative Law training Chip Rose Instructor offered by the Collaborative Law Institute of Missouri.
- 2007 Advanced Guardian Ad Litem Training, Missouri Bar.
- 2006 Advanced Guardian Ad Litem Training, Clay County Bar Association, North Kansas City, MO.
- 2000 Advanced Family Law Mediation Training, Robert Benjamin-instructor, Kansas City, MO.
- 1998 Mediation Training of Business, Family and Divorce Conflict, Robert Benjamin-Instructor, Washington University, St. Louis, MO.
- 1998 Guardian Ad Litem Training, MO Bar, Jefferson City, MO.
- 1991 Family Law Mediation, KCMBA office, Kansas City MO.
Missouri Lawyer Status
- Member of the Missouri Bar Association since 1983.
- Western District of the Federal Bar Association since 1983.
- Supreme Court of the United States Bar Association since 1986.
- Kansas City, Missouri Bar Association since 1983;
- Eastern Jackson County Bar Association since 1983
- Clay County Bar Association since 2006.
- Member Heartland Mediators Association
- Member of Association of Missouri Mediators
- Member of Collaborative Law Institute of Missouri
- Member of the Association for Conflict Resolution (ACR).
- Jackson County Family Court Child Custody Mediator Panel.
- Clay County Family Court Child Custody Mediator Panel.
- Member Rule 17 list of Dispute Resolution Neutrals of Missouri Bar.
- Member of Mediator Panel of Kansas City Bar Association
- Member Kansas City Bar Association Family Law Committee.
- Member of the National Organization of Social Security Claims Representatives (NOSSCR).
- Member of Panel of Attorneys for Union Plus Legal Services for AFL-CIO's and other affiliated labor unions.
- Member of Panel of Attorneys for ARAG North America Inc.
- Chairman of Panel of Attorneys for Hope House Shelter for Battered Women 1983 to 1989.
- Advisory Board to Salvation Army in Independence, Missouri 1985-1988.
- Advisory Board to Vatterott College in Independence, Missouri 1986-1989.
- Adjunct Professor at Park University teaching master degree program in Evaluation and Study of Not-for-Profit Corporations 2000-2001.
James Piedimonte is a member in good standing with the Missouri Bar. He has a B.V. Rating with Martindale & Hubble. James is fully insured through the Missouri Bar Plan."You should be the change that you wish to see in the world." Ghandi