Hometown: Independence, Missouri
Education and Degrees:
- 1981-1983 University of Missouri at Kansas City, Missouri; Juris Doctorate.
- 1978-1981 Graceland College, Lamoni, Iowa; Bachelor of Arts in Political Science/History.
- 1977 Pembroke-Country Day School in Kansas City, Missouri; High School Diploma
- 2009 Mediator Strategies to Build Participant Staying Power. 7th Circuit Office of Dispute Resolution Services Advanced Mediation Training. Kathleen Bird. Clay County Family Court, Liberty Missouri.
- 2008 Victim Offender Dialogue Training. Association of Missouri Mediators. Charlene Berquist, Kathleen Bird, Heather Blades, Sandee Gamet, Diane Kyser, Paul Ladehoff. University of Missouri Law School, Columbia, Missouri.
- 2008 "Sifting Through the Chaos: Pitfalls and Possibilities in Mediation." Sharon Lowenstein, Terri Clinton DIschiser, Martha Halvordson, Stephanie Sloggett-O'Dell, Robert Benjamin. Heartland Mediators Association, KU Edwards Campus, O.P., KS.
- 2007 Nov. Specialized Guardian Ad Litem Training in Missouri Juvenile and Family Court Matters. Missouri Bar.
- 2007 Interdisciplinary Collaborative Law Training with Susan Gamanche and Diane Diel, Collaborative Law Institute of Missouri, O.P., KS.
- 2007 Proactive Skills for Mediators, Heartland Regional Conference of Mediators, KU Regents Center, O.P., KS.
- 2007 Collaborative Law training, Chip Rose; Instructor, offered by the Collaborative Law Institute of Missouri.
- 2007 Advanced Guardian Ad Litem Training, Missouri Bar.
- 2006 Advanced Guardian Ad Litem Training, Clay County Bar Association, North Kansas City, MO.
- 2000 Advanced Family Law Mediation Training, Robert Benjamin-instructor, Kansas City, MO.
- 1998 Mediation Training of Business, Family and Divorce Conflict, Robert Benjamin-Instructor, Washington University, St. Louis, MO.
- 1998 Guardian Ad Litem Training, MO Bar, Jefferson City, MO.
- 1991 Family Law Mediation, KCMBA office, Kansas City MO.
- Member of the Missouri Bar Association since 1983.
- Western District of the Federal Bar Association since 1983.
- Supreme Court of the United States Bar Association since 1986.
- Kansas City, Missouri Bar Association since 1983;
- Eastern Jackson County Bar Association since 1983
- Clay County Bar Association since 2006.
- Member Heartland Mediators Association
- Member of Association of Missouri Mediators
- Member of Collaborative Law Institute of Missouri
- Member of the Association for Conflict Resolution (ACR).
- Jackson County Family Court Child Custody Mediator Panel.
- Clay County Family Court Child Custody Mediator Panel.
- Member Rule 17 list of Dispute Resolution Neutrals of Missouri Bar.
- Member of Mediator Panel of Kansas City Bar Association
- Member Kansas City Bar Association Family Law Committee.
- Member of the National Organization of Social Security Claims Representatives (NOSSCR).
- Member of Panel of Attorneys for Union Plus Legal Services for AFL-CIO's and other affiliated labor unions.
- Member of Panel of Attorneys for ARAG North America Inc.
- Chairman of Panel of Attorneys for Hope House Shelter for Battered Women 1983 to 1989.
- Advisory Board to Salvation Army in Independence, Missouri 1985-1988.
- Advisory Board to Vatterott College in Independence, Missouri 1986-1989.
- Adjunct Professor at Park University teaching master's degree program in Evaluation and Study of Not-for-Profit Corporations 2000-2001.
Missouri Lawyer Status
James Piedimonte is a member in good standing with the Missouri Bar. He has a B.V. Rating with Martindale & Hubble. James is fully insured through the Missouri Bar Plan.
"You should be the change that you wish to see in the world." Gandhi